Monday 7 January 2013

First one for the new year

Work has been progressing on the Hasegawa 1/48 F-104C, so much so it's not far away from the painting stage. I did mean to post some WIP pictures but completely forgot so here's where it is so far;
 Yes that is my bench and yes it's a mess :o)
Also while I was in the mood I managed to get some paint on the underside of the Hasegawa 1/48 Ju-87B that was started last year. This was more to see if I could spray anything without buggering it up and I'm very pleased to say it was successful. I sprayed around all the panel lines with Tamiya XF-63 German Grey then used Mr Hobby Aqueous colour for the undersurface blue (RLM 65) and it went on beautifully;
Hopefully I'll get it masked off tomorrow for the two-tone green upper surface colours then get the decals on. The decal sheet I have for it features a winter white scheme with a shark mouth on the nose so I'm looking forward to weathering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment