Saturday 6 April 2013

F-104 camo done!

Well the camo is done and the masking is off so next stage is a touch up were paint has crept under the tape then a coat or two of gloss varnish for the decals. Chuffed to have got it this far so quick. Ya gotta love Mr Hobby paint :o)



Edit; I tried to recreate the soft demarcation line between the top and bottom colours afterward but it did'nt quite work out, mainly due to my inability to get acrylic paint to work the way I want them. In future for jobs like this I'll be using enamel paint as I can get more control with fine lines and overspray. Acrylic paint is fine for hard-edged camo schemes and single colours and I'll still use it but I'm going to have to accept that I have reached my limit (and patience) with acrylics.
Anyway the next job is to gloss coat it, ready for the decals.

No comments:

Post a Comment