Wednesday 29 July 2015

Airfix C-47 fuselage buttoned up

The cockpit has been painted and although it does'nt look much it will be adequate for what you can see through the cabin windows. Now that's done I glued the fuselage halves together so once it's set I can clean it up.

I tend to use Humbrol Liquid Poly for this as I want the glue to ooze out a bit because when it sets it can be sanded without using filler (most of the time anyway). It may take longer to set than Mr Hobby or Tamiya stuff but it works for me and I ain't in any rush.
If anybody is interested I sprayed Tamiya matt black first then did the cockpit in XF-5 green, lightly dry-brushed (yes I said dry-brushed lol) with a lighter green by Vallejo. The seats were painted with Vallejo Cavalry Brown and the seatbelts with Iraqi Sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment