Wednesday 25 May 2016

Dragon Fokker E.V/ D.VIII


 I've started the decalling using Aviattic's four colour lozenge;



The overlap on the fuselage underside was trimmed but I think for the fuselage sides I will use the kit decals as templates as the Aviattic stuff is VERY difficult to trim cleanly, even using a brand new scalpel. The lozenge was applied chord-wise on the tailplane and span-wise on the elevators as per the practice of the time. I deliberately tried to get a mismatch on the fuselage seam as this is where the fabric was sewn together but it did'nt really work out.
Whatever undercoat you use for the decals it has to be flawless as I'm finding out, there may be small air bubbles underneath even with using Kleer but it's all part of the learning process and the Aviattic decals are VERY good.




No comments:

Post a Comment