Tuesday 25 April 2017

Figure painting

Over the years I've dabbled with figure painting to various degrees of being fair to total shit and the bug has bitten me once again. It's been brewing for a while after seeing the work of Man Jin Kim, Sang Eon Lee etc and I even bought a Life Miniatures bust of a German tank commander last year after seeing the picture on the box but chickened out as I felt I could never do it justice;
 So this week I got a few goodies through the post (again) as I need all the help I can get;
I've been looking at getting a wet palette to help stop paints drying out and I could have gone for a branded product but instead went the cheapskate route. I cut the lid off a plastic food box (it did contain some nice cake) and stole a dish cloth and some greaseproof baking paper from the other half and voila! One wet palette!!
For practice purposes I'll be using a 200mm head that I bought from Mitches Military Models as they were selling two for £5 at a model show a year or so ago. I did get some Scale 75 paints for the flesh areas but this time around I'll be using Vallejo;


The head is attached to a holder that was obtained via a Kickstarter project which I find it VERY useful and can be found here;
http://rathcore.com/miniature-holder/

I used the grip holder for a figure I painted last week for the Personenwagen;
You can see what I mean about getting all the help I need :o)

Edit; I spent a very pleasant couple of hours at the bench and come up with this;
I'm quite pleased with that seeing I have'nt painted in ages

No comments:

Post a Comment