Thursday 5 October 2017

Miniart 1/35 Farm Gate with base (Kit Number 36034)

I recently bought this as I need to do a demo of some new Lifecolour paints for a magazine review. I've never had one of these kits before so I thought I would do a quick build review for my blog (you will see it painted but photo's will be limited due to the mag).
The kit is actually vacuum formed and after my experiences with this type of model I knew what pitfalls were ahead. Firstly the parts were removed from the backing sheet by flexing the sheet until the parts broke free although I had to cut some away due to their placement, then they were given a clean up.
With vac-form kits you often get thin areas where the plastic has stretched over the mould particularly on corners and this model is no exception so car filler was used to pack out the thin areas for strength;


I added strips of styrene sheet to the inside edges to help keep the joins flush;


The assemblies were then glued together with lots of tape to hold them together;


The joints are not the best on this kit and will require some serious filling before I can paint it;


On the whole it won't look THAT bad after putting some effort into it but for buildings in dioramas I think plaster cast ones are better, still it looks quite pretty on the box;



No comments:

Post a Comment