Wednesday 15 November 2017

E-75 'Eber' tank destroyer

I was at Scale Model World recently and one of my purchases was the Paper Panzer Productions E-50/E-75 'Eber' conversion. This is a TOTAL 'what-if' so if this genre doesn't appeal to you then look away now.....for the rest of you who are still interested this depicts a tank destroyer with a superstructure bolted to the hull in a similar fashion to the Sturmtiger. The conversion set has a new superstructure, gun mantlet, commanders cupola, aluminium barrel, various vision devices including periscopes, a brass aerial and copper wire. No instructions are included but it's simple enough to work out where the parts go.
I got the Trumpeter E-75 kit out of the stash just to see how the superstructure fits to the hull;

Then I started to clean up a couple of parts (just for a look you understand) but then after a couple of hours I seem to have glued the hull together.....oops!


I s'pose you can safely say this is my next project then! I'll be putting aftermarket tracks on this as the kit ones are crap (and too short) but after looking at the prices of Fruil, Spade Ace, Modelkasten etc I'll use the Hobbyboss ones for a King Tiger that I put on my E-50 with the radar turret as they are good and very cheap. I'll use Paper Panzer Productions roadwheels and exhausts as I already have them in stock. I also have an etch set somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find it at the moment.
Anyway back to the conversion and the superstructure needed a minimal clean up, mainly around the front where it sits on top of the Trumpeter hull. The hole for the commanders cupola was opened up but already I've made a boob as I should have really sprayed the interior black first before gluing it all together. I've had to pack the mantlet underneath with filler as there was a gap between it and the Trumpeter hull, also I'll coat the whole thing with Mr Surfacer to add texture to it.
I'm a bit naughty really as I have other things on the go but when you feel the need to build something you have to go with the flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment